Machine embroidery is the process of creating logos or images on the products using thread and needle. The image is embroidered onto the product by an embroidery machine, using a program drawn by the designer. Embroidery is a good design method as the embroidered image leaves a luxurious impression, offering more added value to the product. Embroidery is durable and allows creating the logo on a wide variety of finished products and details.
Which products are suitable for embroidery?
Embroidery can be used on almost all textile products: hoodies, fleeces, jackets, knitted garments, polo shirts, bath towels, plaids, bags, hats, sporting clothes and of course work clothes as embroidery is very resistant to wear and tear.
Which materials do we use for embroidery?
Although different types of threads are used in the process of embroidery, two most common threads in machine embroidery are rayon and polyester. Which is better largely depends on personal preferences and desired final results. Some prefer the natural shine of rayon while others favour more elastic polyester. To offer our clients more choices, we can use both. Madeira’s thread selection consists of over 300 colour tones, including metallic, photoluminescent and other specialty threads.
How to place an order for embroidery?
Send us your design (suitable file formats are .cdr, .ai, .pdf, .eps, .psd, .jpg, .bmp, .tif). We will review it, offer the best solution to fulfill the embroidery order and put together a price estimate.
To calculate the price, we will need the following:
- The quantity of embroidered products
- The number of stitches that we can derive from the design
- Additional information on any extra work – sewing work needed for opening the linings without a zipper, sewing embroidered emblems onto the products, etc.
What is the work process like?
- After you have confirmed the design, an embroidery program is created.
- According to the desired design, the program is initialized and the embroidery machine is configured.
- The design is embroidered on the product.
- The products are cleaned of any residue threads and the quality of embroidery is verified, after that the products are packaged.